How to Make Kehwa
Learn how to make Kehwa at home with this simple method. Kehwa is also known as kahwah, qehwa or kahwa. It is a traditional green tea preparation consumed in Afghanistan, northern Pakistan. Just like black tea, kehwa or green tea is also rich in antioxidant.
- Green tea (“gunpowder”) – 1 tsp
- Green cardamoms, seeds only, crushed to powder – 4
- Almonds – 4 blanched and coarsely crushed
- Honey – according to taste
- Cinnamon – 2 stick (optional)
- Saffron – 4 threads (optional)
- water – 4 cup
- Add water in a pot and bring to a boil. As soon as boils, put cardamom powder or seeds, almond, cinnamon, and saffron and let it boil.
- When water boil well then put green tea and cover it and take it off cooker after 3 minutes strain into cups.
- Traditionally, the cardamom powder, crushed almonds and the optional cinnamon are placed into the cups and the tea is poured over.
- I prefer to add the cardamom and almonds to the tea at the beginning and then strain it all out.
- Stir in honey to preference.