Keema karela Recipe: English – Urdu |
- Beef or mutton mince – ½ kg
- Bitter gourd (Karela) – ½ kg lightly fried in 2 tbsp of oil
- Salt – to taste
- Oil – ½ cup
- Onion – 2 thinly sliced
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 tbsp
- Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
- Red chili powder – 1 ½ tsp
- Onion seeds – 1 tsp
- Tomato – 3 chopped
- Garam masala powder – 1 tsp
- Fennel seeds – 1 tsp
- Mint leaves – ½ bunch
- Green chili – 5
- Peel and cut bitter gourd in thin long or round slices. Apply salt for an hour. Then wash and squeeze with a napkin. Heat up 2 tbsp of oil; add bitter gourd, fry and remove.
- Take a pan, fry onion until light pink, then add mince, ginger garlic paste, turmeric powder, red chili powder, salt and chopped tomato, mix well.
- Then add 1 cup of water, cover and let it cook.
- When water dries, fry well.
- Then add whole green chili, garam masala, onion seeds, fennel seeds and fried karelay mix, add 1 tbsp of water, mix and put on dum for 5 minutes.
- Before serving, add mint leaves, mix and serve mazedar kemma karelay with naan or chapattis.