Mughlai Chutney Chicken by Shireen Anwer in English and Urdu Recipe..Tasty chicken cooked in green chutney.
Mughlai Chutney Chicken
Ingredients for chutney:
- Fresh coriander – ½ cup
- Green chilli – 4
- Lemon juice – 3 tbsp
- Yogurt – 2 tbsp
- Salt – ¼ tsp
- Sugar – ¼ tsp
- Desiccated coconut – 1 tbsp
Blend all above ingredients in blender and make chutney.
Ingredients for chicken:
- Chicken – 1 kg
- Oil – ½ cup
- Chopped onion – 1 big or 2 medium
- Yogurt – ½ cup
- Bay leaf – 1
- Cloves – 4 to 6
- Almond paste – 2 tbsp
- Cream – ½ cup
- Red chilli powder – 1 tsp
- Fried ground cumin seeds – 1 tsp
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 tbsp
- Green cardamom powder – ½ tsp
- Salt – 1 ½ tsp
- Fried cashew nuts – as you like
- Fry chicken in oil for 5 to 7 minutes until light brown, then take it out from the oil.
- In same oil add chopped onion and fry until light golden along with bay leaf and cloves.
- Then add ginger garlic paste, red chilli powder, fried ground cumin seeds, green cardamom powder and salt, fry well.
- Then add fried chicken pieces, yogurt and fry well.
- Then add ½ cup water, cover and cook until chicken is done.
- Then add cream, chutney and almond paste, cover and cook on low flame till oil comes on top.
- Garnish with fried cashew nuts.