One of my dearest visitor Marium Hamid sharing his favorite recipes on pakladies almost every month. So I would like to share under her name. This time she sent me Mysore Pak – Soft Version recipe, I tried it was great. You should try..
Mysore Pak – Soft Version
Shared by Marium Hamid
- Gram flour (besan)- 1 cup
- Clarified butter/Ghee (melted)- 1 cup
- Sugar- 1 cup
- Water- 1/4 cup
- Heat a pan and roast the gram flour (besan) for a few minutes till you get a nice aroma.
- Make sure to keep stirring continuously so that the flour is evenly roasted and doesn’t get burnt.
- Switch off heat and transfer the gram flour to a plate.
- Take another pan and put sugar along with water.
- Boil till the sugar melts and forms a single thread consistency.
- Quickly add the roasted flour and clarified butter and stir.
- Mix well, making sure no lumps are formed.
- Continue stirring on medium heat, till the mixtures becomes thick and leaves the sides and no longer sticks to the bottom of the pan.
- The mixture will be thick but pourable consistency.
- Transfer to a greased dish.
- Once set, cut into desired shapes.