How to Make Peri Peri Sauce. Peri peri sauce is mostly used as marination for chicken. Peri peri sauce is Portuguese in origin and “especially prevalent in Angola, Namibia, Mozambique and South Africa“. It is made from crushed chillies, onion, garlic, pepper, salt, lemon juice and oil. In Original peri peri sauce, they use italian herbs.
How to Make Peri Peri Sauce
3 cups sauce
- Hot Water – 1 cup
- Kashmiri dry Chili – 6
- Button dry chili – ¼ cup
- Red crushed chili – 1 tbsp
- Garlic – 1 tbsp
- Onion – 1 small chopped
- Crushed mustard seeds – 1 tbsp
- Crushed coriander seeds – 1 tbsp
- Citric acid – ½ tsp
- Vinegar – ½ cup
- Lemon juice – 2 tbsp
- Oil – ½ cup
- Take a bowl, add 1 cup Hot water, kashmiri dry chilies and button dry red chilies, soak overnight.
- Then add red crushed chili, garlic, onion, crushed mustard seeds, crushed coriander, citric acid, vinegar, lemon juice and oil, mix and grind well.
- Peri peri sauce is ready to use.
- You can use and store this sauce for 3 months in fridge.