Sharbat Rooh Afza is a concentrated squash. Rooh afza sold commercially as a syrup to flavor sherbets, cold milk drinks, ices and cold desserts, such as the popular falooda. You can make homemade Sharbat Rooh Afza easily and enjoy your summer.
Sharbat Rooh Afza
- Gond katira or Tragacanth gum – 2 tbsp or 1 ounce
- Water – 3 cups
- (Soak gond katira in 3 cups of water for overnight)
- Sugar – 1 kg
- Water – 1 litre
- Cardamom powder – 1 tsp
- Afza essence – 1 tsp
- Kewra essence – 1 tsp
- Red food colour – few drops
- Take a pan, add sugar and 1 litre water and cook.
- Clean water along cooking.
- When syrup thickens a bit, add soaked gond katira along water and cook until thickens.
- Strain, add red colour, kewra, Afza essence and cardamom powder, mix well.
- Let it cool down.
- Store in a clean bottle, out of refrigerator.
- Enjoy whole summer with homemade sharbat (Drink) Rooh Afza.