How to Make Spicy chops: English - Urdu | Pak Ladies
How to Make Spicy chops: English – Urdu
How to Make Spicy chops
- 8 double-boned lamb best end chops – you will need to ask your butcher for these
- juice of 1 lime
- 3 tbsp malt vinegar
- 2 tsp chilli powder
- ¼ cup vegetable oil, plus extra for frying
- ½ cup gram flour (chickpea flour)
- 4 star anise toasted in a hot pan
- 3 green chillies
- 1 tbsp red crushed chillies
- 8 garlic cloves
- 2 tsp papaya paste
- Marinate the chops in the lime juice, vinegar, chilli powder, red crushed chillies and a pinch of salt while you make the rest of the marinade.
- Heat 100 ml of the oil in a small saucepan and add the gram flour, stirring continuously for a minute or two until the flour forms a smooth sandy paste and you begin to smell a nutty aroma.
- Transfer the paste to a bowl and leave to cool.
- Crush the star anise using a pestle and mortar, then tip into a food processor with the chillies, garlic, papaya and the remaining oil and blend to a smooth paste.
- Mix both pastes over the marinated meat and refrigerate for a minimum of 4 hours.
- To cook the chops, preheat the oven to fan 180C/conventional 200C/gas 6.
- Lift the chops out of the marinade and wipe off any excess so the chops are just lightly coated.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a large frying pan and fry the chops in batches for a couple of minutes on each side until browned.
- Transfer to a roasting tray and roast for 10-20 minutes depending on how pink you like your lamb.
- Serve the chops with mint sauce and winter salad.