How to Make Spicy Mutton Pulao Recipe
- Mix mutton meat – 1 kg
- Coriander seeds – 2 tbsp
- Cumin seeds – 1 tbsp
- Fennel seeds – 2 tbsp
- Star anise – 1
- Ginger root – 3 pieces
- Garlic bulb– 1
- Whole onion – 2 small or 1 big
- Red chili powder – 1 ½ tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Oil – ½ cup
- Sliced onion – 2
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 tbsp
- Green chili paste – 1 tbsp
- Rice – 750 gm
- Chopped tomato – 4
- Big cardamoms seeds – 3
- Clove – 6
- Black pepper – 6
- Cinnamon sticks -2
- Fried and crushed cumin seeds – 1 tbsp
- Fresh coriander – 2 tbsp
(Grind clove, black pepper, cinnamon sticks and seeds of big cardamoms)
- Tie coriander seeds, star anise and fennel seeds together in a muslin cloth to make a spice bag.
- Take a pan, put spice bag, mutton, ginger root, garlic bulb, whole onions, red chili powder, salt and 5 cups of water and bring to a boil and reduce to simmer on low heat until the lamb is tender.
- Remove the spice bag, strain stock and separate the meat from the stock and keep aside. Take a pan, add oil, fry sliced onion until golden brown, and then add ginger garlic paste, green chili paste, fry for 1 minute.
- Now add chopped tomatoes and cook well until masala is done.
- Then add boiled mutton, fry well.
- Now add mutton stock, soaked rice and add more water if required.
- Now cover and let it cook until water dries, then add ground masala, fried and ground cumin seeds and fresh coriander, mix and put on dum for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Serve with kachumber salad and raita.