Last week, we tried some spicy food, and Shab-e-barat is around the corner so why not try some sweet dish? Try this kopra pak (coconut dessert) and enjoy your Shab-e-barat.
How to Make Tasty Kopra Pak
- Desiccated coconut – ½ kg
- Ghee – 3 tbsp
- Condensed milk – ½ tin
- Semolina – 1 cup
- Ground sugar – 1 cup
- Cardamom powder – 1 tsp
- Food color – as required
- Chopped almond and pistachio – for garnishing
- Heat up ghee in a pan, add semolina and fry until the smell starts to come.
- Then add cardamom powder and sugar, cook well for 3 to 5 seconds.
- Now add condensed milk and take it off of the flame.
- Now sprinkle a pinch of yellow, green or pink food colour, mix and fold coconut.
- Now pour this mixture in greased tray, sprinkle almonds, pistachio, press with rolling pin and let it cool down.
- Then cut it into diamond shape and enjoy. 🙂