Toum (Lebanese Garlic Sauce)
Toum is a Lebanese garlic sauce, perfect for serving like a mayonnaise – with grilled chicken, Lebanese style. This is also serves with Lebanese kebab shish tawook.
- Garlic cloves – 5
- Egg white – 1
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Salt – 1 pinch
- Iced water – 1 cup which you will use around 2 tbsp
- Oil – 1 cup
- Add garlic cloves, salt and 1/4 of the lemon juice in the blender.
- Blend on medium and scrape the sides down when the garlic goes flying everywhere.
- Then add egg white and blend on medium.
- Then add half the oil in bit by bit.
- When it starts turns into thick sauce, switch to a slow blend, and add the rest of the lemon juice in slowly too.
- Add the rest of the oil in the same way.
- Then add 1 or 2 tbsp of water.
- You will see the consistency change into something wonderfully creamy and light.