Vegetable Chow Mein Recipe Shared by Marium Hamid
Vegetable Chow Mein
Total Time: 30 mins
Prep Time: 20 mins
Cook Time: 10 mins
- 1 tablespoon – vegetable oil
- 2 – scallions, trimmed, and cut crosswise into 1/2-inch thick pieces
- 1 1/2 cups – sliced napa cabbage
- 1/4 cup – sliced celery
- 1/4 cup – bean sprouts
- 1/4 teaspoon – granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup – chicken broth
- 1/2 tablespoon – soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon – oriental sesame oil
- 1/2 tablespoon – cornstarch, dissolved in
- 1 tablespoon – cold water
- red pepper flakes – to taste
- 1/4 lb – vermicelli, cooked
- In a large heavy skillet heat the vegetable oil until it is hot but not smoking and in it stir-fry the scallions, cabbage, celery and bean sprouts for 3 minutes, or until the cabbage is wilted.
- Add the sugar, broth, soy sauce, and sesame oil and simmer the mixture, covered, for 3 minutes.
- Stir the cornstarch mixture, stir it into the vegetable mixture, and bring the liquid to a boil.
- Season to taste with red pepper flakes.
- Simmer until heated through and serve over noodles.