How to Take Care of Your Diamonds:
If you’re lucky enough to own diamond jewellery, then you’re sure to want to take good care of it. This is the best way to make sure your diamond jewellery remains in top condition, and always looks as good as new. Here are just a few of the ways in which you can achieve this..
- Firstly, you should think about where you keep your diamond jewellery.
- Even if you have items which you tend to wear every day, you will want to think about where they are stored when you are not wearing them.
- If possible, choose a jewellery box which will hold each item securely in place, to stop them causing scratches to each other.
- You should also keep your jewellery box in a cool, dry place, to prevent corrosion and discolouration.
- It is also a good idea to have a professional jeweller take a look at your jewellery every so often.
- Not only will they be able to take a look at the diamond itself, but they can also check the prongs which tend to hold the diamonds in place, to make sure that none of them have come loose.
- Even if you own top quality diamond jewellery from a retailer such as , it is still worth having it looked over by a professional every so often.
- This is an excellent safety measure if you’re keen to ensure that none of your diamonds come loose over time.
- It is also advisable that you wipe your diamond jewellery with a soft, dry cloth after each use.
- Natural skin oils can be damaging to your jewellery, and this is a good way to make sure that such substances do not build up.
- In addition, it is important to remember to remove any diamond jewellery when using any cleaning products, and avoid spraying perfume directly onto such items.