Gulab jamun is a popular dessert in Asian countries such as India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Nepal and Bangladesh. It is made of dough consisting mainly of milk solids. These days, gulab jamun powder is also commercially available, but you can prepare it easily at home. Now no need to take hours and hours to make gulab jamun, try this instant gulab jamun recipe.
Instant Gulab Jamun Recipe
- Dry Milk Powder – 75g m or 1cup
- Flour – 1 tbsp
- Baking power – 1 tsp
- Semolina – 2 tbsp
- Egg – 1
- Melted ghee or butter – 1 tbsp
- Oil – for Deep Frying
- Take a mixing bowl, add the milk powder, flour baking powder, semolina, ghee or butter and egg, knead the mixture into a dough.
- Then leave for 15 minutes. Put the pan on very low heat with the oil for deep frying. (Very Low Heat please).
- Make small balls of the dough.
- Once the balls have turned brown then transfer them in the sugar syrup.
To make Sugar Syrup
- Sugar – 2 cups
- Water – 1 ½ cups
- Rose water – 1 tbsp
- Take a pot and add water and sugar.
- Bring the water to boil until sugar dissolves.
- Then add fried Gulab Jamuns.
- If the syrup has not penetrated into the centre of Gulab Jamuns then keep them dipped in the syrup.
- You can actually store the Gulab Jamuns in the fridge in the syrup itself.