Keema Kachori: English - Urdu Recipe | Pak Ladies
Keema Kachori: English – Urdu Recipe
Ingredients for Dough:
- Plain flour or white atta – 250g
- Baking powder – ½ tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Oil – 1 ½ tbsp
- Ajwain – ½ tsp
- Mix flour, oil, salt and ajwain with water in a bowl and make a firm dough, by kneading it well.
- Then flatten dough and sprinkle ¼ tsp baking powder, roll it again flatten and sprinkle remaining ¼ tsp baking powder and roll it.
- Keep set aside.
Ingredients for Filling:
- Mutton or beef mince – 250g
- Oil – 2tbsp
- Black pepper powder – 1tsp
- Salt – to Taste
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 tbsp
- Red chilli powder – 1 tbsp
- Onion – 2 finely chopped
- Green chopped chillies – 3
- Fresh coriander – ¼ bunches
- Lemon – 2
- Heat up 2 tbsp of oil, add ginger garlic paste and chopped onion and sauté, add minced meat or Keema, and fry until turn into white colour.
- Then add chopped green chillies, fresh chopped coriander and lemon juice and mix it well.
- Then add red chili powder, black pepper powder, salt and 1/2 cup of water and then cook until keema done.
- Remove from heat and keep set aside.
- Divide the dough in 16-20 portions and make balls by rolling between greased palms (to avoid sticking).
- Once it is done cover them with a moist cloth.
- Roll out one ball of dough at a time.
- You can do this by pressing with hand.
- Place one portion of keema at the centre of the circle, gather the edges in the centre and pinch to seal the ball properly.
- Make sure that it is properly sealed it will make small bursts while frying.
- Roll each ball out very gently or flatten with your hands, to approximately 5-6 cm. 2.5 inches diameter.
- Continue until all kachori are ready to fry.
- Heat the oil in a large pan.
- Add kachori and deep fry from both sides until it turns golden brown.
- Now Keema kachori is ready to serve.
- Serve hot with tamarind chutney.