How to Make Malpua Recipe
How to Make Malpua Recipe. Malapua is pancake served as a dessert or a snack. which is also served to Jagannath in his Sakala Dhupa (Morning food served to the lord). Malpua is popular in Bangladesh, Orissa, West Bengal, Bihar and Maharashtra and Nepal where it is served during festivals along with other sweets. Malapuas along with mutton curry is served in many non-vegetarian Maithil homes during Holi.
- Flour – 2 cup
- Semolina – ½ cup
- Yellow food colour – few drops
- Cardamom powder – ½ tsp
- Sugar – 10 tbsp
- Eggs – 3
- Combine flour, semolina, yellow colour, cardamom powder, sugar and eggs in the mixing bowl.
- Add water and mix well until the batter is of a pouring consistency.
- Let stand at room temperature for 4 or 6 hours.
- When you want to fry add baking soda and mix well.
- Heat ghee in frying pan and pour small amount of batter into the pan.
- Pour hot ghee over it and let stand for a few moments.
- Flip the malpua pancake over.
- Let stand another few moments and remove from pan.
- Place the malpua pancake on a raised wire rack for a minute or so, to drain.
- Serve hot with fresh cream or rabri.