Meat Short Cakes
Ingredients for dough:
- Flour – 2 cups
- Baking powder – 2 ½ tsp
- Salt – 1 ¼ tsp
- Butter – ¼ cup ( lightly soft )
- Take bowl and put flour and butter.
- Mix well, then add salt and milk and make dough.
- Leave for 30 min.
Ingredients for Filling:
- Lamb mince – ¾ cup (boil)
- Mustard paste – ½ tsp
- Onion – 1 medium chopped
- Black pepper – according to taste
- Salt – according to taste
- Butter – 1 ½ tsp
- Red crushed chilli – 2 tsp
Mix all ingredients in boil mince and use.
- Now make 2 portions of dough, 1 big and 1 small. Put big in base and small on top.
- Now roll it and fix in baking pan.
- Put 1 in base and prick with fork then fill out with filling then cover with other pastry part, cover edges and press with the back of fork.
- Then prick with fork on top and apply egg with brush and bake in preheated oven at 230 ºC , Gas mark 8, 450 F.
- Baking time 30 to 35 min. Then cut in slice and serve with salads.