Murgh Mutanjan, mean mixture of chicken and sweet rice. You tried Zarda and plain mutanjan but this recipe is totally different and tasty.
- Chicken – 1 1/2 kg
- Boil sela rice – 1 kg
- Sugar – 1/2 kg
- Ghee – 250 gm
- Onion – 2
- Lemon juice – 1/4 cup
- Almond and pistachio – as required
- Chopped coconut – as required
- Salt – to taste
- Ginger – 1 piece
- Garlic cloves – 5
- Fennel seeds – 2 tbsp
- Dry coriander – 1 tbsp
- Green cardamoms – 6
- Whole black pepper – 1 tsp
- Cinnamon sticks – 2
- Cloves – 3
- Kewra water – 1 tbsp
- Food colors – as required
- Take a pan, add 3 glasses of water, whole onion, salt, ginger, garlic cloves, dry coriander, fennel seeds, salt and 3 green cardamoms.
- Cook until 1 1/2 cup of water is left, then add chicken and cook until 3/4 of water is left.
- Dissolve sugar in 1 cup of water.
- Remove chicken from stock and strain it.
- Take another pan, add peppers, cinnamon sticks, clove and fry a bit.
- Now add chicken and fry for 3 minutes.
- Then add stock and sugar syrup, and cook until it dries along with lemon juice.
- Now spread boil rice, kewra water, food colors, dry fruits and cover.
- Cook on dum for 10 minutes.