(Nine Jewels Meat with Vegetables)
• 1 lb Lamb, cubed
• 1 c Oil
• 1 T Garlic & ginger, ground
• 2 ts Chilli powder
• 2 ts Salt
• 1/4 lb Onions
• 1/4 lb Potatoes
• 1/4 lb Eggplant(aubergine)
• 1/4 lb Turnip
• 1/4 lb Carrots
• 1/4 lb Okra
• 1/4 lb Cauliflower
• 1/4 lb Green beans
• 1/4 lb Cabbage
• 1/4 lb Chopped spinach
• 1/4 lb Peas
• 1/4 lb Zuchinni or marrow
- Wash all the vegetables and cut into 1″ pieces.
- Fry all the vegetables with half of the oil until light brown and set aside.
- Heat rest of the oil in a large saucepan, add sliced onions, and fry until light brown.
- Add salt and spices to onions and fry for a few minutes.
- Wash cubed lamb and add to onions and fry until light brown. Add 1 cup of hot water and cook over slow fire until meat is tender.
- When meat is tender, and only a little water remains add all the vegetables.
- Mix vegetables and meat together and cook over a slow fire, stirring gently to avoid mashing the vegetables, for about 5 minutes.
- Place in a medium oven for 5-10 minutes, until oil separates.