How to Cook Palak Koftey (Spinach With Meatballs)
December 7, 2009 |
| Mutton & Beef
Spinach With Meatballs
For 8 people
To make meatballs:
- Beef – 1/2 kg
- Roasted chana – 2 tbsp
- Cloves – 4
- White cumin seeds – 1 tbsp
- Medium sized onions – 2 (lightly chopped)
- Green coriander – 1 (lightly chopped)
- Ginger – 1/2 tbsp (chopped)
- Poppy seeds – 1 tbsp
- Whole black pepper – 8
- Black cumin seeds – 1 tbsp
- Bread slice – 2
- Mint – 1
- Red pepper – 3 (lightly chopped)
- Spinach – 1/2 kg
- Fenugreek leaves – handful
- Turmeric powder – 1 tbsp
- Medium sized onion – 2 (lightly chopped)
- Garam masala – 1 tbsp
- Oil – 1 cup
- Fresh dill leaves – 2 bunch
- Red pepper – 1 tbsp (crushed)
- Ginger garlic – 1 tbsp (crushed)
- Butter – 1 tbsp
- Salt – to taste
- Green chilies – 4 whole
- To make meatballs, grind all spices and add crushed bread silces in mince and grind well.
- Then add green masala and onions.
- Mix and give them a medium sized ball shape.
- Then fry in a little bit of oil on low heat.
- Chop spinach, fenugreek leaves and dill, and soak in water for half an hour.
- After half an hour, drain water and wash thoroughly.
- Then add in a pan and cook on low heat.
- When water dries, then grind roughly.
- Now take a pan, heat up oil and fry onions until golden brown.
- Take them out of the oil and spread on a newspaper and crush with hands, mix all spices and return to pan.
- Then add grinded spinach, green chilies and meatballs.
- Then cook until oil comes on top.
- Finally, add butter and green masala.
- Put on dum for 5 minutes.
- Serve with tandoori nan.