(Chicken legs with Spinach)
• 2 tablespoon oil
• 1 onion
• 1 clove of garlic (crushed)
• 1/2 inch piece of ginger
• 1 teaspoon coriander
• 1 levelled teaspoon chilli powder
• 1 lb chicken legs
• 500 grams tin of spinach puree
• 2 teaspoon milk
• 1 levelled teaspoon salt
- Heat the cooking oil in a pan.
- Add chopped onion and fry it until golden brown.
- Now add ginger, coriander, chilli powder, garlic and salt.
- Fry this mixture for 10 minutes and keep it stirring every two minutes.
- Fry both sides of chicken legs in this masala until brown and add the spinach, cover the pan with a lid and leave it on a gentle heat for 25 minutes.
- When the water has been absorbed, add 2 teaspoon of milk and let it cook for further 5 minutes.
- Serve with Boiled Rice
Tip: Always pour some water over the spinach to wash the preservatives off before adding it to the chicken legs, and then leave it to drain all the water for few minutes. It also gets rid of the extra salt.