Pan Fried Fish with Creamy Spring Greens
Light and healthy dinner with pan fried fish with creamy spring greens, along with mustard and Herby potatoes.
Serves – 4
- Baby potatoes – 750 gm
- Flat-leaf parsley – 28 gm chopped
- Fish fillets – 4 (Haddock, Salmon, Cod, Tuna)
- Butter – 20 gm
- Shallots – 2 finely chopped
- Spring greens – 200 gm
- Crème fraîche – 4 tbsp low fat
- Wholegrain mustard – 1½ tbsp
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Lemon wedges – to serve
- Place the potatoes in a saucepan and cover with cold water.
- Bring to the boil over a medium-high heat with a lid on, then turn down and simmer for 15 minutes or until tender.
- Drain the potatoes, then return them to the pan with 2 tbsp of chopped parsley and toss well, season to taste and keep warm.
- Pat dry fish with kitchen paper.
- Heat up a large non-stick pan over a medium-high heat.
- Add 10g of butter and 2 pieces of fish.
- Once the fish has coloured nicely and become translucent on the bottom, carefully flip it over and season the other side.
- Continue to cook until the bottom side is also nicely coloured and cooked through.
- Keep these warm and repeat with the remaining 2 fillets.
- Lower the heat and add the chopped shallots.
- Cook for 2 minutes until slightly softened.
- Meanwhile, add the spring greens to a pan of boiling water and cook for 2 minutes until just tender, then drain well.
- Then add crème fraîche and mustard to the shallots then stir through the remaining parsley and lemon juice and season to taste.
- Add a splash of water, then stir the spring greens through.
- Serve the fish on a bed of the creamy spring greens with the potatoes on the side.
- Garnish with lemon wedge.