The Panipuri also known as Gol gappa is a popular street snack in India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, and Nepal. It consists of a round, hollow puri, fried crisp and filled with a mixture of flavored water. It is generally small enough to fit completely into one’s mouth. If you follow pani puri recipe in urdu by shireen anwer you can make perfect gol gappay or pani puri at home.
pani puri recipe in urdu by shireen anwer
- Semolina – 1 cup
- Flour – ½ cup
- Urad lentils ground – 2 tbsp
- Soda water – as required for kneading the dough
- In a bowl mix together semolina, flour, ground white lentil.
- Knead with club soda to form a stiff dough, keep in a air tight container for 2 hours.
- Now roll dough very thin and cut with cookie cutter into small circles.
- Heat oil in a thick bottomed pan and then fry them.
- The idea is to puff them like a sphere and fry them till golden brown.
- Take them out and put them on kitchen paper towel.
- Let them completely cool down (otherwise they will become soggy) before you put them into an airtight container.
Ingredients for sour water
- Tamarind pulp – ½ cup
- Roasted cumin powder – 1 tbsp
- Water – 1/2 jug
- Ginger chopped – 2 tbsp
- Green chilies – 3 paste
- Roasted coriander powder – 1 tsp
- Lemon juice – 3 tbsp
- Dry ginger powder – ½ tsp
- Black salt – ½ tsp
- In water put tamarind pulp, roasted cumin, ginger paste, green chili paste, roasted coriander and lemon juice, mix well.
- Then strain and add dry ginger powder powder and black salt, mix well.
- Then keep in the fridge to chill.
- Then puncture the Gol gappa with tip of your thumb, add roughly boiled and mashed potato and boiled chickpeas or bondi and serve with sour water.