Usually everyone likes desserts, but this Patisa Soan Papdi Recipe is more famous in India and Pakistan. It’s quite tricky to make, but if you follow the step-by-step method, you will find it easy to follow and it will taste better than store-bought Patisa Soan Papdi.
Patisa Soan Papdi Recipe
- Gram flour- 100 gm
- Plain flour – 1/2 kg
- Oil – 100 gm
- Ghee – 500 gm
- Green cardamom powder
- Mace powder – 1 pinch
- Nutmeg powder – 1 pinch
- Orange food color – 1 pinch
- Lemon color – 1/4 tsp
- Vanilla essence – few drops
- Sugar – 1 kg
- Water – 300 gm
- Liquid glucose – 150 gm
Method of Preparation:
- Take a wok, add gram flour, oil and sugar, fry well for 20 to 22 minutes on low heat until you can smell the aroma.
- Then take of off the flame and let it cool down completely.
- Then add green cardamom powder, vanilla essence, lemon color and orange food color. Mix well.
- Now take another pan, add sugar and water, cook until sugar dissolves.
- Then add glucose and cook until syrup turns into crunch. Let it cool down for 10 minutes.
- Then add this syrup in fried gram flour mixture and mix well.
- Then pour in a greased tray, roll down with rolling pin, garnish with chopped almond and pistachio.
- When it’s completely settled down, cut in slices and serve.