Paya chana recipe, pakladies provided you different typres of paya recipes but this paya chana is perfect for this breezy waether, as you will get soup along with spicy curry with the combination of meat and lentil. Both main ingredients are full of nutrittions. So do try on this weekend and enjoy with tandoori naan or parathas.
Paya Chana Recipe
- Mutton paye – 6
- Boiled white chickpeas – 300 gm
- Yogurt – 1 cup
- Red chili powder – 3 tbsp
- Coriander powder – 2 tbsp
- Turmeric powder – 1 tbsp
- Cumin powder – 1 tbsp
- Ginger garlic paste – 2 tbsp
- Garam masala powder – 1 tbsp
- Bay leaves – 1
- Cinnamon stick – 1
- Cloves – 6
- Green cardamom – 4
- Onions – 2
- Oil – 1 cup
- Salt – to taste
- Chopped green chilies – for serving
- Fresh coriander – for serving
- Lemon slces – for serving
- Whole ginger – for serving
- Take a pan, add soaked chickpeas and whole garam masala, boil till tender, then thow out whole masala and keep aside boiled chickpeas.
- Take another pan, add paye, roughly chopped ginger garlic and onion, cook until tender, then throw out onion and ginger garlic.
- Now heat up oil in another pan, put bay leaves, cloves, green cardamoms and cinnamon stick, fry for 1 minutes.
- Then put ginger garlic paste and boiled paye, fry for 1 minute.
- Then add yogurt and fry well, now add red chili powder, cumin powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, garam masala powder and salt, fry well.
- Then add chickpeas and paya stock along with some water, cover and cook on low heat until everything cooks well.
- Finally add onion bighar and dish out.
- Serve with fresh coriander, green chilies, lemon slices and ginger flakes.