Perfect Gulab Jamun Recipe: English – Urdu |
Perfect Gulab Jamun Recipe
- Lassa Khoya – 1 kg
- Plain Flour – ¾ cup
- Egg – 1
- Baking Soda – 2 pinches or 1/8 tsp
- Cardamom powder – ½ tsp
- Oil or ghee – for Deep Frying
- Semolina – 2 tbsp (soaked in water until rise up, then drain extra water and use)
- Take a mixing bowl, add khoya, flour, egg, baking Soda and soaked semolina, mix well and make smooth dough.
- Put the pan on very low heat with the oil for deep frying. (Very Low Heat please).
- Make small balls of the dough and use some oil on your hands to make a smooth and shiny ball of the size of a cherry.
- Once the balls have turned dark brown then transfer them in the sugar syrup for 40 minutes.
- Then garnish with chopped pistachio and silver paper and serve.
To make Sugar Syrup
- Sugar – 1 ½ kg
- Water – 1 litre
- Green Cardamoms – 8
- Take a pot and add water, sugar and green Cardamoms. Bring the water to boil.
- Let it boil for 15 minutes. (Keep the pot covered with a lid, just leave a bit of room for steam to escape).
- Once the syrup has thickened a bit then keep it aside.