Rasgulle Ke Nakhre
Rasgulla preparation with difference.
- Small rasogullas – 20-25
- Full cream milk – 1 1/2 litres
- Fresh cream – 1 cup
- Sugar – 3/4 cup
- Saffron (kesar) – a few strands
- Pistachios – 8-10
- Fresh pomegranate pearls – 1/2 cup
- Mawa (khoya), grated – 1/2 cup
- Almonds, blanched and peeled – 1/2 cup
- Blanch pistachios in boiling water. Drain, refresh, peel and slice.Bring milk to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer till the milk reduces to half its original volume.
- Add cream, sugar and saffron and cook till sugar dissolves.
- Squeeze the rasogullas to remove excess syrup and put them in a bowl. Pour the milk-cream mixture over and set aside to cool. Then keep it in the refrigerator to chill.
- Take the rasogulla mixture out of the refrigerator and put them in individual kasore.
- Sprinkle pomegranate pearls, grated khoya, pistachios and almonds and serve chilled.