Restaurant-Style House Salad
- 1 large head romaine lettuce- rinsed, dried and torn into bite sized pieces
- 1 large head iceberg – rinsed, dried and torn into bite sized pieces
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
- 1 cup sliced red onion
- 1 (4 ounce) jar diced pimento peppers, drained
- 2/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
In a large bowl, combine the romaine lettuce, iceberg lettuce, artichoke hearts, red onions and pimentos. Toss together.
Prepare the dressing by whisking together the olive oil, red wine vinegar, salt, pepper and cheese. Refrigerate until chilled and pour over salad to coat. Toss and serve.