Shahi Falooda Recipe, delicious dessert for summer, shared By: Marium Hamid, Arksansas (U.S.A)
Shahi Falooda Recipe
- Fine vermicelli – ½ cup
- 1 glass chilled milk – use the glass (preferably a tall one) you will use to serve the Falooda, to measure the milk
- Pistachios – ½ cup shells and skins removed
- Almonds – ½ cup blanched
- Sugar – 2 tsp ground to a fine powder
- Tukmalanga (basil seeds) – 3 tbsp
- Rose syrup – 6 tbsp
- Ice cream of your choice or Kulfi – 2 scoops
- Cook the vermicelli like you would pasta – in boiling water and till cooked yet al dente! Strain and keep aside to cool.
- Then chill in refrigerator till needed.
- Keep aside a few almonds and pistachios – about 6-8 each – and cut into thin slivers.
- Keep aside using as a garnish later.
- Put the milk, powdered sugar, pistachios, almonds in a blender and blend till smooth.
- Chill in the refrigerator.
- Put the Tukmalanga seeds in a bowl and pour enough water over them to completely submerge.
- They will soon start to swell and look transparent with a small dot-like, black centre!
- Strain and keep aside in a small bowl.
To assemble the Shahi Falooda:
- Frost 2 tall glasses. In each glass, put half the vermicelli, half the pre-soaked Tukmalanga seeds.
- Now pour in half the milk over them.
- Put just under half the rose syrup (keep a little for garnishing with) in each glass and mix well.
- Add a scoop of ice cream or Kulfi to this and drizzle with some more rose syrup.
- Garnish with slivered almonds and pistachios.
- Add a straw and long-handled spoon and serve!