Spicy Nihari Recipe and Nihari Masala
- Beef shank – 1 kg cut into small pieces
- Bones – 2
- Oil or ghee – 1 cup
- Ginger garlic paste – 2 tbsp
- Onion – 2 tbsp chopped
- Chapatti flour – 1 cup
- Red chilli powder – 2 tbsp
- Nihari masala – 4 tbsp
- Salt – to taste
- Heat the ghee in a pan; add the sliced onion fry on medium heat until light pink.
- Add ginger garlic paste and beef, fry for 2 minutes, and then put salt, red chilli powder and nihari masala, fry for 5 minutes.
- Then add 1 ½ jug of water.
- Cook on high heat till the liquid has evaporated.
- Then reduce the heat and let it cook till beef done.
- Then add flour mixture gradually, keep stirring, cook on dum for 6 minutes.
- When done, serve after 15 minutes.
- Garnish with green coriander, green chillies and ginger flakes.
Nihari Masala Recipe
- Cinnamon sticks – 2
- Star anis – 3 tbsp
- Dry ginger – 1 tsp
- Fennel seeds – 1 tbsp
- Big cardamom – 2
- Green cardamom – 4
- Cloves – 6
- Black pepper – 6
- Nutmeg powder – 1/4 tsp
- Mace leaves – 3
Mix all ingredients and grind well, keep in clean jar and use when ever you need in nihari.