Steakhouse Steak Recipe
These steaks are made to order and are served with side dishes such as baked potatoes and rolls. Most steakhouses also offer other cuts of meat such as roast prime rib, veal, and often seafood. Delicious and mouth watering steakhouse Steak recipe shared by Marium Hamid
Prep Time: 2 minutes
Cook Time: 16 minutes
Total Time: 18 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
- 4 filet mignon or rib eye steaks
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons butter
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Preheat an oven proof skillet, preferably cast-iron with raised grill ridges, over medium-high heat.
- Add olive oil and let heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Sprinkle steaks with salt and pepper.
- Place in skillet and sear for 3-4 minutes on first side until the steaks release easily from the pan and have a dark brown crust.
- Turn and sear for 3-4 minutes on the second side.
- Place a pat of butter on top of each steak, and place the pan in the oven.
- Roast for 8-13 minutes until desired doneness.
- Remove pan from oven, cover with foil, and let steaks stand for 10 minutes before serving.