(1) Whisk eggs and sugar till thick and fluffy.
(2) Sieve in cake four and vanilla essence and fold lightly.
(3) Pour in melted butter and fold lightly taking care not to deflate the eggs.
(4) Pour into a square tray 15″ x 15″ and bake at 175C for about 10 – 12 Mins. or till cooked. Remove from oven and turn onto a wire rack and let it cool.
(5) Cut the sponge cake into 3 pieces.
(6) Spread a little fresh cream on top then spread with some strawberry filling. Repeat till finish but the top, just spread with fresh cream. Cut into small squares.
(7) Put some strawberry filling into a piping bag and pipe some jam on top and decorate as desired.
if some one can’t find cake flour then here is a sponge cake ingredients and method.
Sponge cake recipe ingredients: Serves 4
100g caster sugar
100g self raising flour
Pinch of salt
2 medium eggs
Sponge cake recipe cooking instructions:
1. Preheat oven to Gas mark 190°C.
2. Place the butter and sugar into a mixing bowl. Beat until smooth and creamy.
3. Beat the eggs in basin or cup and add to the mixture a little at the time, with the flour keeping the same smooth and creamy consistency.
4. Making sure the mixtures does not get too wet or dry as you go when you have used all the flour and the eggs.
5. Add the vanilla essence and a pinch of salt, mix for a few minutes.
6. Divide into two lined, or non-stick sponge tins, put into a moderately hot oven, middle shelf.
7. Put into the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes (it is important that the oven is well heated).
8. Put to cool on a rack to cool.