Tandoori Chicken Naan Kebab
Park up at the Soho Road Trailer in Vancouver, BC for traditional Tandoori Chicken Naan Kebab try at home if you have not access to go there, you will love this recipe.
Ingredients for tandoori marinade:
- Boneless chicken thigh – 1 3/4 pounds
- Yogurt – 1 1/2 cups
- Garlic paste – 1 1/2 tbsp
- Ginger paste – 1 tbsp
- Garam masala – 2 tbsp
- Lemon juice – 2 tbsp
- Olive oil – 5 1/2 tbsp
- Orange food colour – 1/2 tsp
- Ground dried fenugreek leaves – 1 tbsp
- Tandoori naan – 4
- Ghee or olive oil – 1 tsp
- Cucumber, diced – 1
- Roma tomatoes, diced – 2
- Red onion, diced – 1
- Fresh coriander, finely chopped – 1 tbsp
- Yogurt – 2 tbsp
- Tamarind chutney – 4 tsp
- Mint chutney – 4 tsp
Method for marinade:
- Take a bowl, add yogurt, ginger garlic paste, garam masala, lemon juice, olive oil, food color and dry fenugreek leaves, mix and apply on chicken.
- Add the chicken to the bowl and refrigerate for 24 hours.
- Then skew marinated chicken onto a metal skewer and cook on moderately hot Tandoor or over a charcoal grill for 20 to 25 minutes or until juices run clear.
- Remove skewers from the heat and hang for 2 to 3 minutes to allow any excess moisture to drain out completely.
- Transfer the Tandoori chicken to a board and cut into bite size pieces.
- Heat up the naan bread and brush on the ghee or olive oil.
- Arrange the cut Tandoori chicken pieces length ways across each of the four naan breads.
- Sprinkle the diced cucumber, tomato, red onion and cilantro over top of the Tandoori chicken on each of the naans.
- Top each with yogurt, tamarind chutney and mint chutney and serve.