Blackheads are follicles that have wider opening than the normal. They are also known as open comedowns and are often caused by over active sebaceous glands. Blackheads appear on the face, back, chest and other parts that have sebaceous glands. Blackheads are plugged with sebum cells and undergoes a chemical reaction that results in the oxidation of melanin. Blackheads use of excessive make-up; also carelessness in maintaining certain things like hygiene and diet can also lead to it, further pollution is also a potent factor in the rise of skin problems. We can get rid of blackheads with some simple tips for blackheads and have clear face.
Tips For Blackheads
- Make a paste of fresh methi (fenugreek) leaves and apply on the face for 10-15 minutes every night and wash the face with warm water. This will prevent blackheads and is good home remedy for blackheads.
- Steaming is also beneficial as it opens and softens the pores for easy removal of blackheads.
- Make a face wash by mixing fresh lime juice with a glass of boiled milk and use it for the removal of blackheads.
- Make paste of 5gm each of red sandalwood (Rakta Chandan) and turmeric made with milk and apply on the affected parts. This is one of the useful home remedies for blackheads.
- To loosen the blackheads use a face scrub of green tea.
- For the treatment of blackheads apply a poultice made of grated potatoes on the skin. This remedy is also useful home remedy for blackheads.
- Application of almond powder mixed in rose water helps in the easy removal of blackheads.
- One good natural remedy for blackheads is to make a paste of ground radish seeds with water and apply this paste on face to remove blackheads.
- Make a scrub of salt, lemon and honey; yogurt can also be added to it. Scrub the face for 5-10 minutes and later wash the face and pat it dry. Good Home Remedy for Black heads.
- Warm honey and apply on the blackheads, wash the face after 10-15 minutes.
- Mix mint juice with turmeric powder and apply on affected area. Leave for 15-20 minutes and wash off with lukewarm water. With continuous use acne and Blackheads will disappear like magic without leaving a mark.
- Take one tablespoon black pepper powder and add to it enough curd to make a thick paste. Apply on the infected area and let it dry. Wash off after 5-7 minutes. This is an effective cure for blackheads.