Are you shivering and thinking that you cannot get your house warm in winter. Before it gets colder, prepare your home to have it well protected from cold temperatures and so that you can enjoy the warmth of your home. Follow these simple tips for cold and flu season to have an average temperature of 20 or 21 degrees, ideal for home. You’ll help the environment and your economy because you can achieve energy savings, and therefore economical, up to 30%:
Tips for Cold and Flu Season
- During The day, keep blinds and curtains open to let light and heat in. At night, lower the blinds to avoid reducing heat loss.
- Check that the shutters are well insulated.
- In the bedrooms, ventilating fifteen minutes a day is enough. Then close the doors to prevent heat loss, especially in rooms that are not commonly used.
- Use Weatherstripping to improve closing of the doors.
- Don´t cover the radiators, otherwise the heat is not distributed properly and lost.
- If you’re going to do the work, double check insulation systems such as windows. Putting double window or thermal break can be reduced up to 40% heat loss.
- If you don´t want to change windos, you can use something as simple as insulating silicone caulk or weatherstripping. The sealing tapes are also sticky.
- If you paint the ceiling with special paints, it also serves as great protection.
- If you do not want to get into work or spend a lot of budget, reduce the loss of heat energy with carpet or rugs.
- After the shower, when the heat is concentrated, do not open the window; bes to leave the door open for the heat to rise.
- The Decor also helps to bring warmth to your home. Bet on textiles bodied and warm colors.