This falafel recipe is a Middle Eastern dish that is crispy, and delicate. Ideal for vegetarian. This fried chickpeas balls is ideal for appetizer, potluck or perfect for Ramadan as an Iftar. Let’s began making this mouthwatering dish. Hope you are hungry.
Traditional Falafel Recipe
Shared by Marium Hamid
- 500 g dried Chickpea, soaked in water for 24 hours (3 cups)
- 1 clove Garlic
- ¼ Onion
- 2.5 g Coriander, ground (1 tsp)
- 2.5 g Cumin, ground (1 tsp)
- 1 g Parsley leaves, chopped (< 1/8 cup) (you can use coriander if you can’t find parsley)
- Salt to taste
- 5 ml Lemon juice (1 tsp)
- 2.5 g Black pepper (1 tsp)
- Oil As needed, for frying
- Once the chickpeas have finished soaking, mash them in a bowl together with the spices until they are well-mixed, but not a purée.
- If necessary, add a bit of water and adjust the salt, pepper and lemon according to taste.
- Shape into balls, about the size and shape of a slightly flattened walnut, then let them rest in the refrigerator for a half hour.
- Fry them in boiling oil for about five minutes, turning them, until they form a golden crust.
- Serve with tahini (sesame sauce), hummus, or yogurt.