Shared By: Marium Hamid, Arksansas (USA)
Very Berry Sorbet Recipe
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cups sparkling white grape juice
- Fresh raspberries (optional)
- Fresh mint sprigs (optional)
- Place 2 cups raspberries in a wire-mesh strainer; press with back of spoon against the sides of the strainer to squeeze out juice. Discard pulp and seeds remaining in strainer.
- Combine raspberry juice, strawberries, and sugar in container of an electric blender; cover and process until smooth, stopping once to scrape down sides.
- Combine fruit puree and white grape juice; stir well. Pour mixture into freezer container of a 2-quart hand-turned or electric freezer. Freeze according to manufacturer’s instructions.
- Pack freezer with additional ice and rock salt; let stand 1 hour before serving.
- If desired, garnish with fresh raspberries and mint sprigs.