White hot and sour soup recipe called due to white soya sauce, so learn this soup with pakladies website. Soup preparation may use chicken, meat or sea food or may be meat-free. Most common ingredients in this soup are vinegar, egg, corn starch, and white pepper. Also include small slices of tofu. This soup is usually considered a healthy option at most Chinese establishments and, other than being high in sodium, is a very healthy soup overall.
White Hot and Sour Soup Recipe
- Chicken stock – 8 cups
- Chicken breast – 1 (jullinne cut)
- Prawns – 8 – 10 chopped
- Tofu – 1 cube chopped
- Cabbage – 1/2 cup (chopped)
- Carrots – ½ cup chopped
- Bean sprout ½ cup
- Salt – 1 tsp
- White Pepper – ½ tsp
- Vinegar – ½ cup
- Light soya sauce – 2 tbsp
- Corn flour – 3 tbsp (dissolves in water)
- Water – 1/4 cup
- Lightly beaten egg – 1
- Coriander leaves – 2 tbsp (chopped)
- Add chicken stock in a pan and bring to boil.
- Then add chicken and prawns, cook for 5 to 8 minutes.
- Then add tofu, cabbage, carrots, bean sprouts, salt, white pepper, vinegar and soya sauce, cook for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Now thicken with corn flour paste and add beaten egg, cook for another minutes.
- Garnish with coriander leave and serve.
Carrot and Orange Soup Recipe