Yoga Asanas for Beginners:
There are several joints in our body, which needs lubrication and movements. The food we consume supplies the lubrication and Yoga and other activities provide the movements. In our regular life some of these joints are overused and some are rarely used which may create problems at later stage in your life. To help these joints maintain their healthy condition Basic Movements are necessary also they are useful to prepare your body to take up Yoga.
1. As your body relaxes all your muscles also relax except those muscles, which are used in the movements, so one can easily concentrate on the movement / particular muscle (effort).
2. Aged and persons having diseases also can do these movements without much strain.
Prerequisites for Yoga :
• Below 12 years of age Yoga postures should not be practiced for long duration and asanas are to be maintained for very short duration.
• Every day you should practice Yoga for at least 30 to 45 minutes to get maximum results.
• The best suited time to practice is early morning hours, but it can be practiced in the afternoon after following food restrictions.
• Food restrictions – stomach should be empty while practicing, that is you should consume solid food 3.5 hours before practicing and liquid 1 hour before.
• Place should be spacious, clean, airy, bright and away from disturbances.
• Yoga should not be practiced on bare floor but keep mat or carpet below.
• Clothes should be comfortable, loose, clean. Undergarments are necessary.
• Yoga prefers vegetarian diet. But avoid spicy and hot diet as much as possible.
• Women should not practice Yoga during Pregnancy and menstruation.
• One should have faith in Yoga and what he is doing.
The physical discipline of Yoga involves specific breathing techniques and postures, called asanas – a Sanskrit term, which means “to sit in a particular position.” In other words, asanas are the various positions that make up the practice of Yoga.