Aate ka halwa is one of my favourite winter desserts, even my kids love this halwa especially with pink kashmiri chai in winter nights while watching TV. This is very quick and easy and handy recipe, everyone has these ingredients.
Aate Ka Halwa
- Whole wheat flour (atta) – 1/2 cup
- Ghee – 4 tbsp
- Green cardamom powder 1/2 teaspoon
- Sugar – 1/3 cup
- Desiccated coconut – 2 tbsp
- Almonds – 8 to 10 chopped
- Raisins 8-10
- Heat up ghee in a non-stick pan or wok, add wheat flour (atta) and fry on low heat till golden brown.
- Then add sugar, 1 cup hot water and cook, stirring continuously, till the mixture thickens.
- Add chopped almonds, green cardamom powder, coconut and raisins and mix.