Aloo Anardana Kulcha
Yummy and soft kulcha serve with mint sauce or plain yogurt.
Ingredients for dough:
- Plainflour – 2 cups
- Salt – to taste
- Soda bicarbonate – ¼ tsp
- Yogurt – 2 tbsp
- Milk – 2 tbsp
- Oil – 3 tbsp
- Potatoes – 2 medium boiled and mashed
- Onion – ½ medium
- Green chillies – 2
- Fresh coriander leaves – ¼ bunch
- Fresh mint leaves – 8-10
- Pomegranate seeds (anardana) – 1 tsp
- Red chilli powder – ½ tbsp
- Cumin powder – 1 tbsp
- Onion seeds kalonji) – ¾ tsp
- Butter – 2 tbsp
- Sieve refined flour with salt and soda bicarbonate. Gradually mix in yogurt and milk. Add sufficient water to make soft and smooth dough. Cover with a wet cloth and rest the dough for ten minutes.
- Add two tablespoons of oil and knead the dough well. Cover it once again and keep aside for at least an hour. Divide the dough into six to eight equal portions and form them into smooth balls.
- Dry roast pomegranate seeds and grind to a coarse powder.
- Mix potatoes, onion, coriander leaves, mint leaves, green chillies, pomegranate seeds powder, red chilli powder, cumin powder and salt to taste.
- Divide potato mixture into six to eight equal portions and keep aside.
- Flatten a portion of dough, place a portion of potato mixture in the centre and fold the dough over to form a ball.
- Place the stuffed dough on a lightly floured surface and roll gently into a disc of four to five inch diametre. Brush lightly with oil, sprinkle kalonji on the surface and press with your palm.
- Preheat oven to 220 C.
- Place kulchas on a greased baking tray and bake in the preheated oven at 220 C for about six to eight minutes.
- Brush the hot kulchas with butter and serve immediately.