How to cook fish and chips recipe at home with easy instruction. Fish and chips is a popular take-away food in the United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand and Canada. It consists of battered fish which is deep-fried.
- Boneless Fish – 1 kg
- Flour – 1 1/2 cup (strain 3 times)
- Salt – 1tsp
- White pepper – 1/2 tsp
- Degi mirch or paprika powder – 1/2 tsp
- Mustard powder – 1/2 tsp
- Garlic powder – 1/2 tsp
- Baking powder – 1 tsp
- Fresh lemon juice – 1 tsp
- Egg – 1
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Chilled water – as required
- Soda water – 1 cup
- Soya sauce – 1 tsp
- Take a bowl, add flour, salt, white pepper, paprika or degi mirch, mustard powder, garlic powder, and baking powder, mix well.
- Then add egg, oil, and soda water, and Soya sauce, mix and make thick batter with chilled water.
- Then roll fish pieces in dry flour, then in prepared batter, in bread crumbs, fry in hot oil until crisp and golden brown.
- Serve with tartar sauce and chips.
Note: remember, make batter just before use. Also fish pieces should be completely dry.
- Potato – 1/2 kg
- Rice flour – 2 tbsp
- Wash potato, then peel and cut like chips, put in boiling water and boil for 5 minutes.
- Then drain water and pat dry.
- Now sprinkle rice flour, mix and fry or freeze in freezer.