Tasty mutton chops can be cook as a curry or grilled. Here is the recipe of Mutton Chops cooked on skillet (tawa), which is a quicker way to cook your chops with a little bit of gravy, you can serve as it is or with boiled rice or paratha. For Low Carb diet or Keto diet follower variation you can omit the yogurt and decrease the quantity of onions, replace oil with desi ghee, butter or coconut oil and serve with stir fry vegis or cauliflower rice.
- Mutton chops – 1 kg
- Onion chopped – 1-1/2 cup
- Garlic chopped – 1 tbsp
- Yogurt – 2 cup
- Green chilli slices – 1 tbsp
- Ginger slices – 3 tbsp
- Salt – to taste
- Oil – ½ cup
- Crushed cumin – 1 tbsp
- Crushed coriander seeds – 2 tbsp
- Crushed red chilli – 1 tsp
- Turmeric – 1 tsp
- Black pepper – 1 tsp
- Heat up oil on skillet (tawa) and stir fry garlic, then add chops and fry from both sides.
- Then add onion, crushed red chilli, cumin seeds, coriander seeds and salt and fry for 2 minutes.
- Then add turmeric powder and 2 cup of water, cover and cook on low heat for 20 minutes or until mutton is tender.
- Then add yogurt and cook again for 10 minutes.
- Finally add green chilli, black pepper and ginger, fry until water dries.
- Garnish with ginger flakes and serve with Tandoori naan or khamiri paratha.