Kunafa Recipe | Kunafa simple and easy recipe | English & Urdu
Today I am going to share with you a Kunafa recipe. It’s an easy and delicious Arabic dessert.
Kunafa or Kanafeh is the quintessential Arabic sweet, also known as Kanafeh Nabulsi, in reference to the Palestinian city of Nablus, famous for an excellent cheese that melts easily, with a sweet taste and which is the main ingredient of this delicious dessert.
The base of the kanafeh recipe is fresh cheese and kadayif or kataifi, it is a type of very fine noodle like vermecelli.
Although each country has slightly modified the recipe in the ingredients or in the presentation, in this case we are going to make the most famous recipe in Egypt, filled with cheese and sprinkled with pistachios.
Egyptian sweets are famous worldwide, and it is not for nothing. With simple ingredients, generally using milk, honey and bread, the Egyptians are able to prepare true wonders for lovers of desserts.
In this case, it should be clarified that the dough to be used is usually obtained in imported or Arab stores.
- Sugar – 3/4 cup
- Water – 1/3 cup
- Orange blossom or rose water – 1/2 tsp
Ingredients for Filling:
- Kunafa dough – 150g
- Butter – 50g
- Orange food color – as required
- Ricotta cheese – 200g
- Mozzarella cheese – 250g
- Sugar – 1 tbsp
- Butter – 15g
- Pistachios – 1/4 cup
- To make the sugar syrup, mox sugar, water and orange blossom. Mix until sugar dissolves.
- Add a lemon slice to keep crystals from forming.
- Now take a cake pan and grease it with butter and a bit of food colour. Set aside.
- Once the sugar has dissolved, set aside and let it cool down completely.
- Melt butter and add to the kunafa dough. Mix well.
- For the filling, take ricotta cheese and mix with 1 tbsp of sugar. Mix well.
- Add the dough to the greased pan and make sure to fill every corner. Press down on the dough when necessary.
- Now add the ricotta cheese filling.
- Add mozzarella cheese on top.
- Press down with butter paper.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180°C for 15 – 20 minutes.
- Turn the kunafa upside down and pour the sugar syrup.
- Add pistachios on top.
- Serve and enjoy!