Exfoliation for Skin. Exfoliation is a big word for removing dead skin on a regular basis. There is a lot of information available on the benefits of exfoliation, including:
What is exfoliation and why is it good for our skin?
Exfoliation for Skin
a) Reveals younger cells
b) Wrinkles become less apparent
c) Make-up applies more evenly
d) Skin circulation is improved
e) Skin’s ability to absorb moisturizers and other applications increases
f) Cell turnover rate increases to improve the quality of the inter cellular cement and increase the hydration of skin’s surface.
- The process of exfoliation takes place continuously and is very much a part of the natural process of the skin’s activity as dead skin cells get continuously cast off and become replaced with the newly created cells. However, allowing the combination of lifeless cells along with oil and dirt to remain on the skin often results in clogged skin pores, creating a blockage that results in blemishes and irregular skin quality.
- So clearly, exfoliation must be part of any effective natural skin care facial and is a critical process. Exfoliation, helping to invigorate the skin and keep it at its highest peak of productivity, should at a minimum be performed weekly.
- However, more oily skin will benefit from this treatment once a day, and being part of a natural skin care facial, it’s recommended that any exfoliating product not be caustic and that its application is done gently.
- The eye area is the most vulnerable part of your face, as it’s subject to blinking, rubbing and squinting on a regular basis. It is very important to pick the right eye cream for your particular needs.
- A good quality eye cream must be lightweight and glide on easily. Avoid the product if it cannot be “tapped on” easily. Eye creams can cost you a lot of money, so as you visit cosmetic counters, be sure to get samples before deciding on a specific brand.
The Benefits of Exfoliation as Part of a Natural Skin Care Facial
- Most likely, today you looked into a mirror and what you saw was a reflection of your facial features, including two eyes, one nose and a set of hopefully smiling lips. Depending upon your perspective, you may have noticed some negative features, such as some blemishes and a few wrinkles.
- However, despite the outward differences of our facial features, the compositions of all our faces are basically the same. This is demonstrated in that our faces are comprised of many layers of epithelial tissue, it’s our skin and it protects the muscles and organs of the body, so its care is of the utmost importance
- In particular, a committed routine of doing natural skin care facials helps protect our face and keeps its skin stimulated and healthy by invigorating the skin and promoting optimal circulation. A key part of a natural skin care facial is exfoliation. Therefore, we’ll want to explore the details of exfoliation, what it accomplishes and learn some useful tips for using it.
- Facial exfoliators and face masks can help mend damage and keep your skin looking healthy. From avocado face masks to oatmeal scrubs, there are many natural treatments available.
- Exfoliates scrub away the surface layer of skin, while face masks nourish and treat the skin. Follow the directions on the packet before using either of these products.
ESSENTIAL TO YOUR NATURAL SKIN CARE FACIAL:
Exfoliation is the process used to slough off dead, surface skin from the body, revealing the new and more refreshed skin beneath. It also removes oils and dirt trapped beneath the old layer, leaving the skin feeling cleansed and renewed. An essential component of any natural skin care facial is exfoliation and it can be accomplished in a variety of gentle, yet effective ways.
Some use a scrub mixed with sea salt or seed that adds a gentle abrasive quality, others may use a gently abrasive sponge or bath scrubber. Either method is effective at removing old, dead skin and revealing newer, fresher, more youthful looking skin, making it an important part of your natural skin care facial.
Using a facial mask:
- Select a mask suitable for your skin type.
- After a complete cleaning and exfoliation, apply a moisturizing mask. It is only necessary to wash the face superficially before using a cleansing and purifying mask.
- Use a very mild exfoliating cream before applying an anti-aging mask on dry skin. Taking care to avoid lip and eye areas, lightly apply a thin layer of the mask with your fingers.
- Take care to apply a very thin layer of the mask, so that the skin does not suffer from over-application.
- Take off mask with a tissue or moist cotton pad.