Homemade Mehndi Hair Dye
In olden times, people used to color hair only to hide their grey hair, but nowadays, everyone – from old people to youngsters – like to dye their hair different colors. In the market, you can find every kind of color, but market colors contain ammonia, which damages hair, and they dry out and fall out, so it’s best to make homemade mehndi hair dye. With this, not only will your hair become shiny but your roots will strengthen and even your hair will stop falling out.
To make this color, you will need:
- Coffee – 2 tbsp
- Mehndi (henna) – 2 tbsp
- Kala pathar – 1 pinch
- Rose water – as required
- Saffron – 1 pinch
- Dry rose petals – ¼ cup
- Vitamin E lotion or olive oil – 2 tsp
- Ground fennel seeds – ½ tsp
- Ground almonds – 2 tsp
Preparation and Application:
- Mix all above ingredients in a pan with the help of rose water and make a thick paste. Cook on stove for 3-4 minutes.
- Cool it down and apply on your hair like any ordinary hair dye.
- Wear a shower cap and leave for 2 hours.
- Then wash with amla, retha and sekakai.
- If you want to darken the hair color, add an extra pinch of kala pathar, but don’t use too much because this can also be harmful.