Inserting a Zipper
- Place the 2 edges of fabric, right sides together and tack along the seam line.
- Stitch the seam, close to the tacking stitches, leaving an opening where the zip is to be inserted.
- Press the seam allowance open.
- Place the zip, wrong side up, over the tacked section of the seam. The zip can be placed centrally or the teeth can be placed to one side of the seam allowance for a lapped zip.
- Pin and stitch the ends and the sides of the zip, using a zipper foot on your sewing machine, close to the teeth. Note the direction of the stitches on the diagrams.
- Remove the tacking stitches.