How to Make Khoya Peda, English – Urdu Recipe |
- 1/2 kg Soft white khoya
- 2-1/2 cups (approx.300gms) sugar powdered
- 1/2 tsp cardamom powder
- 1 tsp cardamom seeds semi crushed
- 1 tbsp slivered or crushed pistachio
- Grate khoya with a steel (not iron) grater.Add powdered sugar and mix well.
- Put mixture in a large heavy or nonstick pan.
- Heat first on high for few minutes.
- The on slow till done. Make sure to stir continuously, while on heat.When mixture thick, add cardamom. Mix well, and take off fire.
- Allow to cool, gently turning occasionally.
- Use cookie molds, or shape pedas with palms into patty rounds.
- Mix pistachios and cardamom seeds and press a bit on top of each.
- If using molds, first sprinkle some at bottom.
- Take some mixture and press into mold.
- When set well, invert and carefully, un mold.
- The pedas are ready to be served.