Burns Road Ki Dahi Phulki
- Moong lentils flour – 1 cup
- Soda by carbonate – 1½ tsp
- Water – ½ cup or as required
- Salt – ½ tsp
- Yogurt – 1kg
- Caster sugar – ½ cup
- Salt – ¼ tsp
For dahi phulki masala:
- Whole red chilli – 25
- Cumin seeds – 2 tbsp
- Black salt – 1 tsp
Method For dahi phulki:
- In a bowl mix together moong lentils flour, soda and water.
- Mix very well with hands, keeps for 10 minutes.
- Then heat oil in a wok and drop little balls into oil and fry on slow fire.
- When slightly brown remove and again put them back to fry on high flame to a golden brown.
- Remove in a tray and leave them to cool.
- In another pan add water with salt, put in the fried balls, let them soaked for 1 hour.
- Then squeezed out water from balls and put directly into yogurt mixture.
For yogurt mixture:
Strain yogurt in a muslin cloth, well and mix with half cup of caster sugar and ¼ tsp salt.
For Dahi Phulki Msala
- Roast whole chilli and cumin seeds separately on low flame.
- Now grind them together granular not powder form. Mix salt in the end.
- Sprinkle dahi phulki masala over and then serve.