Chicken Tikka | Pak Ladies
- 1 kg. chicken
- 11/2 tsp. ginger (Adrak) paste
- 11/2 tsp. garlic (Lehsan) paste
- bunch fresh Coriander (Dhaniya) leaves
- 3-4 green chilies
- 1 medium onion
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 4-5 whole dried red chilies
- 1/2salt (according to taste)
- 6 tbs. yogurt OR 3 tbs. lemon juice
- Mix all the spices together. Put in a blender and make a paste.
- Make 4-5 deep cuts on each side of the chicken pieces.
- This will help it cook better on the inside as well as giving it a better flavour.
- Coat the pieces with the paste and leave to marinate for a few hours preferably overnight in fridge.
- Then BBQ or bake in oven.
- If baking in the oven use an aluminum tray covered with foil for the first 20 minutes at 375o F.
- Uncover, turn the chicken over, and cover it up again.
- Bake for an additional 10-15 minutes. By this time the chicken should be cooked.
- Increase the temp to 4500F , uncover and bake until the top is dry and the cuts that you made have ‘opened up’.
- Turn over and when it looks done – it´s done!
- Serve with salad and naan