You tried mutton in many ways like in curry, fried, with vegetables, but try with some yogurt and simple spices to make Dhuwan Dahi Gosht. It will give you taste of BBQ due to smoke of charcoal. Really yummy and a different taste – you will love it.
Dhuwan Dahi Gosht
- Mutton – 1 kg
- Onion – 1
- Salt- to taste
- Ginger garlic paste – 2 tbsp
- Red chili powder – 1 tbsp
- Coriander powder – 1 tsp
- Green cardamoms – 6 to 8
- Oil or ghee – ¾ cup
- Charcoal – 1
- Yogurt – ½ kg (mix ½ tsp salt)
- Chopped green chili – 8 to 10
- Onion – 2 cut in rings
- Chopped mint – 1 bunch
- First of all boil onion in ½ cup of water and then make a paste in blender.
- Then add ginger garlic paste, salt, coriander powder and red chili powder, mix and add mutton in this mixture.
- Then take a pan, add mutton along all marination masala and 3 cups of water, cook until mutton is done and water dries.
- Now add crushed green cardamoms, cover for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Then add ghee or oil fry well.
- Now take a separate pan, spread half cooked mutton, then yogurt, then onion rings, then green chilies, mint, then remaining mutton, yogurt, onion rings, green chili, mint.
- Then on top, place burning charcoal, pour few drops oil, cover and cook on dum for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Or you can do all procedure in ovenproof dish, and cook in preheated oven on 180ºC and bake for half an hour, then lastly give smoke of charcoal.
- Serve with hot naan.